Field Service Technician - VOIP Telephony/WiFi
Client: Service Provider
Locations: Western Ontario
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for installing, operating and maintaining all products and aspects of the network including drop, plant, and associated equipment to Industry Canada standards and to the customer's satisfaction. It is expected all work functions are performed in a manner to ensure the highest level of quality customer service is achieved. This consists of, but is not limited to; installation calls including connections, adds, moves, changes and deletions of services, and service related work
• Regularly performs but not limited to commercial installations, connections, service additions and disconnections of all services. Installs, tests, troubleshoots and repairs as required to bring services up to industry standards
• Educates customers on the use of all related products and services.
• Performs all work in accordance with Health and Safety Standards utilizing Personal Protective Equipment.
• Highlights and up sells the features and benefits of products/services;
• Ensures the vehicle, test equipment and other assigned tools and equipment are maintained in excellent condition.
• Performs various administrative duties such as completing and maintaining accurate system records, activity reports and support documentation.
• Building and fostering positive relationships with all customers, identifying their needs and responding in a timely manner with the utmost professionalism.
• A Blended Technicians role combines all of the installation roles and responsibilities as identified above along with the additional responsibilities listed below.
• Performs service and repair work from multi-tap to customer premise equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
• Performs, but not limited to servicing of, multi-product installations and change of service and disconnects following approved methods. Educates customers on the correct use of all related products and services.
• Operates and understands the use of test equipment related to 2-way services for the HFC environment including, signal level meters, leakage monitors, cable locators and other test equipment as it pertains to their role.
• As new technology is introduced such as HFC network the technician maybe required to perform additional tasks as required such as Fiber Splicing upon receiving sufficient training.
• Escalates issues as required to appropriate Cogeco department or supplier and ensures follow-up of outstanding issues.
• Attends Cogeco and Industry training and developmental events to maintain technical skills and knowledge. Provides reports on such activity.
• Performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
• College diploma or combination of equivalent education and experience
• Diploma in Electronics, CATV, Telecommunications or related technical training certificate would be an asset.
• A+ certification an asset
• Minimum 3 years experience in a related position required
• CATV System or relevant experience in the telecom industry preferred.
• Installation experience with interconnect company or VoIP key system installation would be an asset
• Mechanical aptitude required to complete required repairs and corrections.
• General understanding of broadband, cable telecommunications or Internet industries and technology preferred.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in working with HFC Networks, Telephony, PSTN and PBX environments and troubleshooting techniques preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to following and encouraging safe work practices.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service focus.
• Must be people and team oriented and have demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
• Superior organizational and analytical skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
• Must be PC literate, and must have good working knowledge of Internet and MS Office applications (e.g.: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
• Self motivated and able to work independently and take initiative in identifying and resolving problems.
• Valid Ontario driver's license and eligibility to drive vehicles.
• Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as business needs change
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers